Friday, March 12, 2010


Ok, so I've needed some motivation to kick me back into gear, and this picture just about did it for me. I'm a fairly curvy girl (although my boobs aren't quite that big!), and I've always felt as though that makes me look chunkier than I am. Well, perhaps that's not entirely true.

Sure, I know that Diora Baird is a freak of nature and that I'm never going to live up to her photoshopped goddess-ness, but daym, there's something to aspire to!

It makes me realise that I can be healthy and toned and make my curves work for me - not against me. I don't need to look short and squat, I can be lean and sexy. What's stopping me?

My diet over the next four months (in the lead up to formal) consists not of starvation, but of:

- Lean proteins to keep me fuller for longer.
- Low-fat dairy to minimize the absorption of fats.
- Soups, again to keep me fuller for longer.
- Light salads, fruits, and vegetables to replace snacking.
- The occasional bite of naughtiness, to keep me sane.


These little rules came from the The Truth About Food from the BBC, the episode about how to lose weight. A lot of it was really interesting, and I'm a bit of an everyday science nut myself :)


However, the real goal lies not within attempting to avoid sweets at every corner (because let's face it, that's never going to happen), but within limiting my calorie intake.


I'm trying to cut back my calorie intake from the base level of 1710 calories, down to 1200 calories. By cutting out 500 calories a day, I should be able to lose 6 kilograms by formal - score.


Let's start with some basic stats:


Height: 157 cm
Weight: 58.5 kg
BMI: 23.7


Goal BMI: 21.3



"When you expect success, your mind focuses on success."
I will expect success, and I will earn it. Nothing is impossible.

No comments: